Hi all, I’ve just purchased Rev 7 to practice scratching and I added the stem split feature to a pad on Rev 7. On deck 1 it works great as when press split vocal pad it splits vocal correctly over to deck 2. On deck 2 though however when apply same and press vocal split it keeps the vocal on deck 2 and splits the instrumental on deck 1. I am sure one of you mapping gurus can help me sort it. Beer tokens incoming of course 😎
Posted 2 days ago @ 8:14 am
So what happens if you press instrumental split on deck 2?
sorry try this
stems_split vocal
or
stems_split melorhythm
or even something like this
sorry try this
stems_split vocal
or
stems_split melorhythm
or even something like this
action_deck 1 ? stems_split : action_deck 2 ? stems_split vocal :
Posted 2 days ago @ 8:29 am
Cheers buddy. The extension is the Atomic one. Pressing inst split splits the acapella on deck 2. Deck 1 is ok. Plus on deck 2 there is a stutter in sound in the split. It’s not a clean split.
I messaged the dev team .
I messaged the dev team .
Posted 2 days ago @ 5:58 pm
pad 5
action_deck 1 ? stems_split vocal : action_deck 2 ? stems_split melorhythm :
pad 6
can't be resolved as there is no Anti melody [rhythm&vox]
pad 7
action_deck 1 ? stems_split rhythm : action_deck 2 ? stems_split melovocal :
more like that then.
action_deck 1 ? stems_split vocal : action_deck 2 ? stems_split melorhythm :
pad 6
can't be resolved as there is no Anti melody [rhythm&vox]
pad 7
action_deck 1 ? stems_split rhythm : action_deck 2 ? stems_split melovocal :
more like that then.
Posted 2 days ago @ 6:32 pm
I’ll try it in a bit and report back
Posted 2 days ago @ 6:56 pm
HI there, when i split on deck 1 no issues with split or audio. On deck 2 when i split for first time no issues but if i want to split again there is audio artefacts. The deck slows down and then corrects itself.
Posted 9 hours ago
is setting stemSplitLeftRight = YES ?
the only thing I can think of and it's not a good idea.
the only thing I can think of and it's not a good idea.
Posted 9 hours ago
Yes it’s only a 2 channel controller. Deck 1 to 2 is perfect. But deck 2 to 1 is glitchy. Have to press start then stop on rev 7 for it not to glitch. Almost as if it’s fighting the spinning platter. Seems like a bug? Could you create a one button mapping? Press to have stem split then press again to release it? Would need to work for both sides from 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 depending on what side I’m on. Only the vocal split I need.
Posted 7 hours ago
Yeah the glitch goes sound like there's some sort of mechanical jog issue, I hesitate to offer a workaround as it's something that should be fixed.
Like the pad could toggle a variable so that the other deck jog gets ignored but it seems a reach.
Like the pad could toggle a variable so that the other deck jog gets ignored but it seems a reach.
Posted 5 hours ago
I just think VDJ doesn’t like the Rev 7. Shame
Posted 5 hours ago
How could you draw such a conclusion from one special case incident?
You raised a valid issue, and the devs can take a look, overgeneralization doesn't help solve the issue (I know a couple ppl who use the Rev 7 with VirtualDJ and don't think this).
You raised a valid issue, and the devs can take a look, overgeneralization doesn't help solve the issue (I know a couple ppl who use the Rev 7 with VirtualDJ and don't think this).
Posted 4 hours ago
Absolutely. It was more of a joke really. I’m open to any help. I’d like to get it to work as it should as sometimes when I scratch it’s not picking up instantly sometimes. Be interested whether the Rev 7 was officially supported like the flx 10 was eventually. I just prefer the Rev 7 as it’s a hardware device.
Posted 3 hours ago
It is supported:
https://virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjrev7.html
What exactly is the startup issue?
Not sure what you mean by prefer the Rev 7 because it's a hardware device - the DDJ-FLX10 is a physical hardware device too.
Do you mean internal (software based) vs external (hardware based) mixing and FX application?
https://virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjrev7.html
What exactly is the startup issue?
Not sure what you mean by prefer the Rev 7 because it's a hardware device - the DDJ-FLX10 is a physical hardware device too.
Do you mean internal (software based) vs external (hardware based) mixing and FX application?
Posted 3 hours ago
I know it’s supported but for a while the flx 10 wasn’t natively with HID. I was just wondering if rev 7 wasn’t supported fully with HID. VDJ can support most controllers with or without the manufacturers blessing. When I stem split and scratch then look to use jog to spin back to position sometimes it doesn’t respond. It’s a good integration but I’m just saying it’s not great. Flx 10 however is great. Almost perfect.
Posted 3 hours ago
Yep so that's a special case. Stem split was never native to that controller for any platform, and pad stem split can't really completely be used properly there because you only have two channels of control available.
I (normally) only use stem split with a 4 channel controller (DDJ-1000 and now FLX10), but I'm curious as to how it would work with my S11 and turntables (which would sort of mimic your rev 7 case).
I (normally) only use stem split with a 4 channel controller (DDJ-1000 and now FLX10), but I'm curious as to how it would work with my S11 and turntables (which would sort of mimic your rev 7 case).
Posted 3 hours ago
Yes I do love the flx 10 but wanted to try spinning platters as I’m learning to scratch. I’ll need to convince my wife big time to keep both. I’ll be curious as well as I’m sure I’m not the only one to come across.
Posted 3 hours ago





