Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Bug report: Slow startup time when using os2lDirectIP
seanPRO InfinityMember since 2018
I noticed Virtual DJ was taking almost 5 minutes to launch, but..... if I launched Sunlite Suite (OS2L lighting software) while Virtual DJ was trying to launch it would launch instantly.

This lead me to track down the problem, I had the setting:
os2lDirectIP = 127.0.0.1:8010

As I wanted to avoid using Bonjour. As soon is I changed this setting to blank VDJ launches straight away.

I wonder if the problem is VDJ is getting stuck in some type of loop until it sees the OS2L connection?

Posted Thu 05 Sep 24 @ 9:00 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
OS2L should only attempt to connect to the direct ip if you press an os2l button or command.
Did you map any to ONINIT of the keyboard mapper perhaps?

Posted Sat 07 Sep 24 @ 6:53 am
Ohhh... Yes, I actually have os2l_button 'blackout' off in my keyboard ONINIT. I added it there because I was experiencing initial connection issues when I used to use SoundSwitch and I'd read to send this command to force it to connect.

I just removed it and it launches straight away.

I've now changed it to
wait 100ms & os2l_button 'blackout' off

and that seems to work!!

Thanks for the help.

Posted Sat 07 Sep 24 @ 8:51 pm
@Adion This problem appears to go deeper, and its become a critical bug for me.

If you have os2l_scene as a POI and don't have lighting software open Virtual DJ playback freezes for a few seconds, as it hits to POI. Here's a video example:

https://youtu.be/CJQpBu2EqpY

Sorry I haven't had a chance to test with a fresh install of VDJ. Just on the way to a gig.

Posted 5 days ago @ 8:27 am
I installed a fresh version of VDJ and found what's causing this bug. The issue seems to stem from the "os2lDirectIP" setting. If you have it set to anything (even if the "os2l" setting is set to off) VDJ will freeze playback when it hits a os2l_scene POI.

Posted 3 days ago @ 8:01 pm