Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Functions and mapping for DDJ 1000SRT
Hello team! I am a user and fan of Virtual Dj, I love this software and it has been my main software for my DJ work since forever. I am working now with my Pioneer 1000SRT, I understand that it was designed to work with Serato in a generic way, however luckily it works very well in Virtual Dj. But I have detected that two functions need to be improved, one is the CUE button, (From the controller) when you press it, the normal thing is that the track stops when you stop pressing it, but after leaving it pressed for more than 3 or 4 seconds the track continues to play as if we pressed play, I think this should be fixed and make it work as expected(I have not found any configuration in options that allows me to change this). The other function is the loop adjustment, in Serato you can adjust the loop with the jog, pressing Loop Out Serato allows you to adjust the loop, this is very important sometimes to correct the loop, in Virtual Dj, pressing Loop Out deactivates the loop, leaving this function disabled from the controller and available only through software. Does this require additional configuration, or re-mapping? Or could it be included in a software update or mapping perfecting the features? I understand how great Virtual Dj is, but as a user for many years I have only received the best from Virtual Dj, and this time I would not expect less, because for me the best thing about Virtual Dj is that it always exceeds all expectations and is work hard to provide only the best. I hope I can contribute with these improvements, thank you all.

Posted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 2:14 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
look at
settings cueMode

change loop out to
loop_adjust 'out'

Posted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 2:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
1. CUE
Change the action of the CUE button from .. pioneer_cue to
cue_stop

2. LOOP IN/OUT
Change the LOOP IN to..
loop ? loop_adjust 'in' : loop_in

and LOOP OUT to..
loop ? loop_adjust 'out' : loop_out

Posted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 2:35 pm
WOW!! I have made the recommended changes, and they work perfect !! You're the best!! Thanks a lot!

Posted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 8:37 pm
Nice....I was going to query this loop platter adjust feature for the RZX as I use it on RBDJ, so it saved me asking. =]

Posted Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 3:52 pm