Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Hercules DJControl Compact scrolling through songs/folders

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

arzee1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi,

I need to know the syntax to be able to scroll through songs or folders using the jog wheels on a Hercules DJControl Compact.using SHIFT_JOG. I've tried:

Key: SHIFT_JOG (Holding SHIFT Key, moving jog wheel)
Action: browser_scroll (don't no what syntax to add)
Action: browser_scroll 'top' (this works)
Action: browser_scroll 'bottom' (this works)

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 1:01 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
try to remap the SHIFT as ..
set '$shift' while_pressed & deck left wheel_mode 'browser' while_pressed & deck right wheel_mode 'browser' while_pressed

Note that there is only one global SHIFT , and since the unit doesnt offer a Jog "Touch" to activate this feature on the jogwheel, both sides need to be set to this mode using the SHIFT.

Then the SHIFT_JOG should be just ..
jogwheel

Alternatively, you can have left wheel scrolling Folders and Right wheel scrolling files.
In this case the SHIFT_JOG should be..
jogwheel & device_side 'left' ? browser_window 'folders' : browser_window 'songs'

PS. Untested :)

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 1:38 am
Since many of the functions use SHIFT, remapping SHIFT will affect everything else, am I correct?

When using: jogwheel & device_side 'left' ? browser_window 'folders' : browser_window 'songs' I'm using the SHIFT_JOG or the JOG key?

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 2:01 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Q1: as long as the SHIFT toggles the $shift variable, no, it wont affect any other SHIFT_ actions

Q2: the SHIFT_JOG, just edited my post

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 6:06 pm
I remapped the SHIFT key to: set '$shift' while_pressed & deck left wheel_mode 'browser' while_pressed & deck right wheel_mode 'browser' while_pressed

and changed SHIFT_JOG to: jogwheel

This way I can scroll with either jog wheel. Thanks for all your help djdad! P.S. The other method works also

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 10:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)